Saturday, December 20, 2008

On Thursday, I had a wonderful luncheon/Christmas exchange with my quilting friends. The weather cooperated for travel and we were all able to make it! We started the festivities with a feast of goodies for lunch. Each one of us brought a dish to share and the food was delicious and abundant!

At each place setting, Kathy, our hostess, had placed these cute, handmade tissue holders and tissues.

After lunch, we settled into the living room for our handmade gift exchange. This is what I received from Lois, an appliqued Santa on an oven mitt. Isn't he cute? I took a picture of the gift I made and my friend receiving it, but I still can't post pictures until all of the other exchanges are over.
Then came the cookie exchange. Here's a shot of my haul! Lots of cookies, lots of different types to sample, and all delicious!

We had a wonderful afternoon of sharing Christmas traditions and just enjoying each other's company. This was our first Christmas exchange and we've all decided that we want to do this for the next 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment