Friday, September 12, 2008

This is another great pincushion swap that I participated in. This one was a wrist pincushion swap. The yellow and purple set is what I received from Tracey. I love her fabric choices. The other item with the pincushion is a thread bucket to corral your thread snippets. It's just so cute and really useful. I love it's small size and it can be folded flat to fit in my mini sewing box, which makes it really handy. I use it all of the time for my hand sewing! This is the wrist pincushion that I made for Tracey. It started with the idea of using a tape measure for the wrist area and grew from there. The pincushion is all done with recycled felt and I was really pleased with the way it turned out. The wrist strap is removable. I'm not much for using a pattern, so I'm never quite sure how things will develop from my mind to the actual item. This idea came close to what I had envisioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment