Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR......2010 HAS ARRIVED!

I hope you had a safe New Year's Eve and are now ready to start a fresh, new year. Just as I thought, I was asleep at midnight until the neighborhood celebration began. It was loud and rowdy for about 20 minutes, then back to silence and more sleep. I've already written some checks this morning and have had to remind myself to change the year. I'll get the hang of it by the time the next year rolls around!

I took my Christmas decorations down yesterday. I'm always a little sad to see the tree and lights put away for another year. Apparently, Oliver felt the same way and had to protect the decorations from being exiled into the attic. Or.....maybe.....and most likely.....the tree skirt just made a soft napping spot.




This is a full sized quilt that I made a couple of years ago and have had it folded up and tucked away since completing it. Sorry about the not-so-great picture. It seems like most things that I make are either given away or stored away and I've decided that I need to use these things. What good are they if I never put them to use? It felt good to put this quilt on my bed and another quilt on my guest bed. Although pretty, they are utilitarian and deserve to be enjoyed, wrinkled, and anointed with cat hair!




And from Dr. Charles Stanley's In Touch, here are a few words of wisdom to start the year:

"Every new year--and, in reality, every new day--is an opportunity to start over and do things in a manner pleasing to God".


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt and how nice to have it out where you can enjoy it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed using this beautiful quilt over Christmas. Thank you again, Jeanie. Love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete