Sunday, June 30, 2013

I started working on a new project yesterday.... a small wall hanging for the 2013 Mennonite Hunger Relief Auction.  It's held in late September and I have donated a quilt or hanging for the past 4 years.  This year, I decided to go small.  Really small.  These blocks are 4" finished and have 37 pieces in them!  Although the pattern is easy, it still took me about 2 hours to make just one block. 
Sorry about the poor picture quality.  I have a new photo editing program and I'm still in the learning curve.  This block is actually perfectly square, but the tips are not laying flat on my board which makes it look distorted. 
This is one of those projects that you have to walk away from and change pace once in awhile.  It does get tedious.  I'm only doing four main blocks, some smaller PP sashing blocks, and then the border.  I has to be hand quilted to be donated in this particular auction..... I hate to hand quilt with my terrible arthritis...... but I will only be quilting the outer borders and maybe a spot or two in the blocks.  I'll just have to see how it goes.  I may also tat a border around the perimeter of the blocks too.  Most of this is just up in the air and I'm designing as I go, hoping for a happy ending.  Hmmm....... 

1 comment: