Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Here's another picture-loaded post. I took several pictures of this quilt because none of them were turning out very well. This quilt was a Christmas gift for Patti and I bound it and mailed it on the same day, which happened to be a cloudy day, and my only day to take pictures due to the time crunch. Oh well.....

Here's an overall shot, nice and dark. You can't see the much of the quilting, but it was done by Lisa Olinger, a long arm quilter, and she did a fabulous job. Later on, there are a few shots that actually show the detail of her quilting.










Finally, here's a picture that shows some of the quilting in better detail. It was a "simple" meander of wondering roses. There's nothing simple about it, if you ask me, as my quilting skills are just not this precise.





More of the meandering rose quilting.





This is the backside flipped over. I didn't have enough fabric left over from the front to even piece the backing. I found this neutral thistle pattern and thought it matched the colored thistle print on the front pretty well. Plus, it gives you the option to turn it over and use this side too for a totally different look.




This quilt was a labor of love and I enjoyed piecing it throughout the year, all along thinking it would be a great quilt to make and give to Patti. I hope she gets many years of enjoyment out of it and will think of me when she wraps herself up in it!
Today, I have another quilt that needs to be bound and mailed out but I'll try and get some pictures taken on a sunny day before heading to the mailbox.
Hope your day is a good one and that you are getting all of your Christmas projects completed too!

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! I think you've shown the blocks through the year as you finished them, right? The fabrics are so pretty and it came together nicely. Thinking about the recipient is one of the things I love about piecing a quilt... all the love and prayers that are stitched in just makes a better quilt. Patti will have to feel it! The quilting looks pretty too... a nice pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! Yes, it was a BOM series. Once I decided to give it to Patti, it did make it more meaningful to me....kind of inspired me to finish it and know that it was going to someone that would appreciate the work.

    ReplyDelete