Friday, December 19, 2014

Designer Mystery BOM

 
I can't exactly claim this as a finish, but it's as finished as it's going to get for the time being.  These are the blocks from the 2013 Designer Mystery BOM series from the Fat Quarter Shop.  I managed to keep up with the monthly blocks, but then fell behind with the sashing and completing the quilt top.  Well.... the top is finally completed.
 
The FQS is very generous with the fabrics that they include with their BOM packages....generous enough that I was able to do my sashing and corner stones with leftover fabric.  I still have plenty of fabrics left, but they are smaller pieces and will be used in my general stash.  I did have to buy the red border and outer yellow border.
 
As always, these pictures are not the best.  The colors are bold and bright, not washed out.  In fact, I just fell in love with these fabrics and that's why I first joined the BOM.  The blocks were a mystery, but I love them too because they are all so different. 
 
 

The first row is made up of baskets, the second row contains stars, the third row is full of houses and the last row has flowers.  I really loved making these blocks and I'm glad to see them sewn together.



Now my little flimsie will go into the "needs to be quilted" bin.... and this contains many tops.  I get everything pieced and then shy away from the quilting.  I'm getting better with smaller quilts, but the larger ones still scare me.  That's a goal I'm working on.... tackling the larger quilts.  I'll get there....... 

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is adorable and would be a perfect candidate for you to practice straight line quilting...echoing each shape in the block - they all are a little different!! Then you could practice your feathers in the yellow border!! I'm awful at quilting with my DSM...that's why I bought a longarm 9 months after I pieced my first quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt blocks and fabrics are so cute! I don't like quilting big stuff and I'm not so good with little quilts either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that BOM too Jeanie ! I didn't get the finishing kit and had no idea how to put them together ! I'm sew happy you showed yours, now I have to get busy !

    ReplyDelete