Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I have been wanting to make an ironing pad to take with me when I go to a class or friend's house.  It seems like I always forget to unplug my iron and have to wait for it to cool a bit before packing it up.  With this little ironing mat, I can just wrap my iron and boogie.  I've seen the iron caddies, but this is more what I had in mind.
 
I bought some pre-quilted ironing fabric from Joann's.  In hindsight, I wish I would have bought the plain, silver material.  The problem came when I wanted to quilt the cat backing and didn't want to quilt through the already quilted fabric.
 
I ended up quilting the cat backing to some Insulbright and not through all of the layers.  I think this will be just fine and it makes a nice, thick surface.
 
 

Ironing side.

 
Pretty side.

 
 
Little by little, I'm getting some sewing room projects finished.
 
Today is yet another snow day.  I have shoveled three times today and I still have more to go.  I can only handle about 45 minutes at a time and then I'm just exhausted.  Maybe one more shovel session today and I'll be done.  And I'm hoping I'll be done for the season, but I've wished that before. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great project and cute fabric!! Hope the snow/winter gets done soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea that ironing pad is ! One good thing about shoveling all that snow is burned calories.

    ReplyDelete