Sunday, October 20, 2013

 
I let myself get behind on my Designer Mystery BOM series.  Not too far behind.....only two blocks.  I'm now back on target and waiting for November's block to arrive in a few weeks.  I thought this was going to be a basket quilt, since the first three blocks were baskets...... but..... obviously..... these are not baskets. 
 
 



I really love this next star block!




I found a little treasure on Ebay last week..... a vintage sewing kit nestled inside a large, plastic spool of thread. 


 
It separates into three parts......



The lid.....
 
 


The top section..... which has a scissor (this goes through to the bottom layer) , a needle packet--only one needle remains, a button holder with 4 buttons, and a rolled up paper tape measure.  There are two empty slots and I don't know what they would have held.




And the bottom layer...... this holds one small spool of thread and a plastic thimble.  Two other pegs would hold more tiny spools of thread.


 
 What a cute little treasure!
 
Now on to the Sew Lux BOM series.....I'm 4 blocks behind!

3 comments:

  1. I'm behind on the Mystery BOM too, as in ...I haven't started it yet. I still have 2 to do from last years..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks and that little spool case is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your star blocks are pretty. I'm not on ebay that much. You DID find a treasure. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete