Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I finished this month's Sew Lux BOM.  (Yeah... I'm on schedule....two months in a row!)  Again, I'm doing this BOM series with two fabric lines.... same pattern..... different fabrics. 
 
The first block is done with the original fabrics, the fabrics that are shown in the directions.  It came out pretty well without too much trouble.  I like the way the directional middle fabric gives kind of a spinning effect. 
 
 
 

The second block didn't go as smoothly.  I'm not even sure if I have the fabrics in the right places even though they tell you which fabrics are A, B, and C.  I do wish they would enclose a photo of the finished block using the alternate fabrics.  I'm a visual kind of person and I'm not sure if I've put this together correctly or not.  It really doesn't matter, but I do think I'd like the navy on the outside, similar to the first block. 
 

 

I will probably get my Fat Quarter Shop BOM in the mail tomorrow or the next day and I'm actually ready to work on it.  Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. These look great! :-) I will include pics of the alternate print blocks in future kits.

    ReplyDelete