Monday, February 20, 2012

Here's a recently finished quilt for the Linus Project.  I've had the fabric for quite some time and finally made the quilt.  I had a motive for getting it done...... Edwards, a local fabric shop, enticed me to get it finished in order to be eligible for a drawing for a new sewing machine and several other door prizes.  The "admission price" was a finished quilt to donate to our local Linus chapter.  Talk about motivation!




I did my "signature" wave quilting pattern.  It's just so easy and I've never had any trouble with bunching up.  It's not very fancy, but it gets the job done fairly neatly.




Here's a folded over shot of the back, which used the same focal fabric as the front.




And, no, they didn't draw my name.  The real winner was Project Linus, which received over 180 quilts that day.  These quilts will bring a smile to lots of faces!  Be sure to check for Linus chapters in your area...... many children will be thankful for your donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment