Saturday, June 4, 2011

Road trip yesterday! 
I got an email on Friday night that the "Fabric and Friends Quilt Shop" was giving out free...yes, free...wall hanging kits to the first 50 people.  Needless to say, I changed my Saturday plans so that I could hit the road first thing in the morning.  And....I was able to get one of the kits! 
Now here's the deal.....you bring back the completed kit by the first of next month to be entered in a customer judged contest where you can win a $300 gift certificate at the quilt shop.  Pretty great prize!  Here's the front of the kit package.




The rules are simple.  You must use all of the pieces supplied in the kit, but may add anything else that you choose....more fabric...more pieces....buttons....lace......whatever.  It doesn't have to look like the picture on the front of the kit.  The included pieces are pre-cut with fusible backing, ready to iron on.  I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet and I don't have much time to ponder on it.  I've got a few ideas floating around in my mind............ time's a tickin'!  I sure hope that I'll have a post within the next three weeks with a finished wall hanging!




And while I was at the quilt shop, I had to buy something....I think that's the unspoken rule.  This fabric was in the discount section and will be used to make a keyboard cover.  Of course, that project will have to wait a bit.


To the drawing board.........

1 comment:

  1. What a fun looking wall hanging... and even more fun to add to it! Enjoy your "work"!

    ReplyDelete