Thursday, December 10, 2009

My Christmas Exchange quilt arrived last week and I'm just now getting the pictures posted. Kathy L. was my mystery swap partner and she sent a beautiful wall hanging, along with some great goodies.

Here's a shot of the stocking that she made which contained all of the gifts she sent. The chocolate is already gone, I'm ashamed to say. ;) The black fabric next to the stocking is a beautiful Christmas fat quarter.




Kathy made this wonderful ornament too. Lots of crazy patch hand stitching and embellishments.




And last, but far from least, is the wall hanging that Kathy made. It's absolutely gorgeous! This picture does not capture the beauty of this hanging and all of the handwork involved! She has combined hand stitching, hand quilting, and machine quilting, to make a wonderful combination of textures. It measures about 22" x 26 1/2" and makes quite a statement. I have it hanging on the back of my front door so that I can admire it daily. Thanks for all of your hard work, Kathy! Your quilt will be cherished for years to come!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new Christmas Ornament quilt. I had a lot of fun making it for you. For some reason I really like mixing handwork with some machine stippling. I don't know that many people do it that way, but I think a bit of hand quilting has a lot softer ripple. Additionally, it makes me feel connected to the quilters of the pioneer days!

    ReplyDelete