Friday, November 13, 2009

Merry Christmas!! I've finished my Christmas Exchange project and it will be heading to my swap partner this afternoon! And only one day to spare....that's cutting it a bit close and it was making me nervous!

This wall hanging measures approximately 17" x 19". Our finished hanging was to be a maximum of 20" x 20" and a minimum of 16" x 16".
This is my own design, but I used paper foundations for the trees and stars from EQ5 and Carol Doak. I just re-sized them to fit my design.




OK, it's quilted with my same, signature "swirl" pattern. I think this looks nice and fits the pattern design, indicating the wind and snow fall direction. I used a sparkly thread for the quilting on the top (plain white in the bobbin for the backside). You really can't see the sparkle very well unless the sun is shining on the hanging.




Here's the backside. I've used the same hanging technique that I've shown you before. I took 2-5" squares, folded them on the diagonal and placed them in the upper corners. Then a dowel rod was cut to fit the width of the hanging and slips under the corner triangles. When my partner receives this hanging, all she will have to do is find an available nail and it's ready to hang!

I'm off to the post office to get this en route! This was a fun project to make and I'm looking forward to receiving the hanging that my partner made for me. It should be here soon and I'll post pictures when it arrives!

3 comments:

  1. I like that. And the quilting goes very nice. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's a lovely winter design that will work for the whole snowy season. Hope you will like your quilt too. I'll get it in the mail after just a little more work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeanie - I just returned from a trip and found the wonderful box you sent. The quilt is fantastic - I love it! And thank you so much for the other terrific treats you included. Hope you received something you love as much as I did. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete