Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Since my BOM blocks were sitting on top of my "to do" pile, I went ahead and set them into what I think will become a tablecloth. The picture isn't great....I had to stand on a chair and kind of guess about the placement. The background is my carpet and it confuses your eye. I sashed the blocks and used cornerstones to make sure that the whole thing was square and accurate. If you don't want your cornerstones to stand out, you can make them out of the same fabric as your sashing. By setting the blocks this way, I could accurately cut my sashing at 12 1/2" x 1 1/2", my cornerstones at 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" and this would ensure that the whole thing was nice and square. If you cut long strips of sashing and simply cut off the excess at the ends, you can have some stretching and distortion, (plus, many of my blocks had bias, stretchy edges). After setting the blocks this way, I felt pretty confident that my border would also be accurate, even though it would be done with long strips with the excess trimmed off. Hmmm......clear as mud?

As I said, this may become a tablecloth. It may also be a lap quilt, I may pipe the edges, I may just add flannel as a batting.....and so forth. It just needs some thought at this point and I will come back to it sometime in the future. Overall, I'm pleased with the results.




Sandy........ I'm thinking about you and sending prayers for your recovery, hoping that you are doing well today. Be tough!

My friend, Sandy, sent this to me several years ago and I just love it. It represents the four of us, high school friends then roommates in college. Two blondes, two brunettes. No, we aren't' goddesses, we're just plain ol' girlfriends that have known each other for many decades.

I hope you can read this poem that is on the back of the card. (Click on the picture for a bigger view) It really sums up the value of friendships. God directs people into our lives and we receive so many blessings from these contacts.

Whether you've been friends for 40 days or 40 years, please take the time to send a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the priceless gift of friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment