Thursday, October 23, 2008

Today, the 24th, I am officially a senior citizen. Yes.....it's my birthday and I've been around for 55 years. Not a bad thing, in my opinion, and I intend to take full advantage of senior citizen discounts.

I'm posting a few pictures to take you down memory lane....my own memory lane, of course.

This is my Dad, my Brother, and me. I'm about 5 months old in this picture. I think my Dad looks pretty proud! (Dottie....that's your wedding picture in the background!) Back then, there weren't many cameras around so there aren't that many pictures of me as an infant and toddler. I've inherited the photo box and have most of them in my possession. Every now and then, I enjoy a little reminiscing.
This is my Mom holding me. I'm between 3 and 4 years old in this shot. I have pretty clear memories of this age and remember the dress I was wearing and the paper dolls that are on my lap. Jr High School and pimples! I still have the brooch that I'm wearing and it's one of my favorite pins yet today. I was always very protective of my things and still have lots of items from my childhood tucked safely away.



Lastly, High School. This was literally decades ago! When did all of these years slip by?! I always loved school, from Grade School to High School. College.....not so much!
Well, now I look like my avatar on this blog. Whatever happened to my youth and good looks? Well, I got old and fat, I guess!

I want to thank everyone that helped me celebrate my birthday this year. Lots of cards, calls, good wishes, presents, and lunches. Birthdays should be celebrated, regardless of our age. And I think we need to share our birthdays with our friends and family, as we need their support to get from one birthday to the next. I consider myself blessed to have so many great, loving friends! Hugs and God's blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment