Sunday, October 12, 2008



A sad note today. My sweet little Beta, Rokka, passed in the night. This is an old picture as his "redness" had grown even more striking. I know it sounds odd to grieve for a fish, but he was one of God's creatures and deserved a good life. He was acting perfectly normal yesterday, even eating as normal, but last night he was swimming in what I would call a frantic mode. Beta's don't swim very fast or jerky because of their large, draping fins. I knew this wasn't normal behavior, but I had no idea what to do for him. This morning, his fight was over.

Rokka had a sweet personality. He would come up and beg for food and whenever I walked into the room, he would rush to the front of his aquarium for attention. He never showed any fear of me, even from the start. I could work in the aquarium, rearranging things, or whatever, and he would brush up against my hand and swim in and out of my fingers. What a sweetie!

"So God created the the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds.....and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:21

Yes, Rokka was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment