Thursday, December 18, 2014

Zipper Bag

 
We all love our zipper bags, don't we?!  I finished this one yesterday and was pleased with the overall results.  I bought a kit for the zipper bag at Sew Lux Fabric which included the sewing machine pattern, fabric, and zipper.  The sewing machine pattern was actually a pattern for a mini quilt, using four sewing machines.  I'll be making that someday too.
 
It's a large bag..... 12" x 13".... big enough to carry quite a bit.  For some reason, I thought it would be a smaller, cosmetic sized bag.  The pattern called for boxed corners but I decided to leave mine flat.
 
The background fabric is actually a tan linen even though it may look more gray in this picture.  The hand wheel and needle are actually gray.
 
 
Inside lining with my label.
 

 A little bit closer shot of the sewing machine block.  It was not paper pieced, although it would be a great candidate for simple PP.  If you just cut your fabrics accurately, they all go together quite nicely.  The smallest pieces are in the needle area, but again, simple if you pay attention to your cutting.

 
A finished project!  I have sooooo many things that need to be finished and this one looked like it might be fairly quick.... it was.  Now I'm off to find my next victim project.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a paper piece pattern...love it! I'm working on some "victim projects today, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie..this is really, really cute! How fun to have another project crossed off your list.

    ReplyDelete