I finally finished my donation for the 2013 Mennonite Hunger Relief Auction. The finished size is 16" x 16" and there are 200 pieces in the top. I've called it "200 Pieces." Pretty creative title....huh? This is the auction that only allows hand quilting, thus, the quilting is sparse. :) There is no way that I could have done any quilting in the tiny blocks themselves. I planned to bind the hanging with the turquoise fabric, but didn't have enough. I ended up using a gray fabric from my stash.
Here's a close up of my clumsy quilting. It came out OK, but if my hands didn't hurt so much, I could make smaller stitches. This may be my last donation for this auction because of the hand quilting requirement. I'll just have to see what my thoughts are after the first of the year when it's time to start planning the next quilt.
The auction isn't held until the latter part of September. I usually attend and will let you know if my little hanging sells. It's for a great cause, so I hope someone likes it!