Saturday, August 30, 2008


I love making knitted dish cloths! They are fairly quick projects and very useful. I always hesitate to use them at first, then after the first dunk in the sink, I'm ready to go. I can't seem to make myself use them on really messy foods or spills (like spaghetti sauce, for instance), but for overall washing, they do a great job. I usually have one in progress sitting on my coffee table, ready to pick up while watching TV. When I go to craft shows, I'm always amazed that these cloths sell somewhere between $1.50 to $4.00.......that hardly pays for the yarn, let alone the labor. I may be slow, but it takes me about 6+ hours to make one of these simple cloths. That's just the way it is with so many crafts. There is no way that we could charge by the hour and still expect someone to buy our product.

No comments:

Post a Comment