Monday, August 23, 2010

Look out! It's time for one of my soap box posts!


I joined a student mentoring program last year and it's time again for me to be matched with a student and guide them, via email letters, as they read 5 different genres of books throughout the year.



There are thousands of students, all looking for a reading mentor, and it could be you! Click on the logo above and see if you think this could be a ministry for you. It doesn't take that much time and you will, as always, receive much more than you give. Joining is simple. Your only cost will be for a police background check. I found all of the books that my students chose at my local library, so I didn't even have to buy any books. I ended up with two students, as they are always short on mentors and the program significantly grows each year...... they really need you! In2Books has won many awards and the program continues to improve as they work out the kinks. All of the details can be found on their website.
Please think about joining this great organization. It won't take that much of your time and you will thoroughly enjoy the letters that you receive from your student as you discuss the latest book and get to know each other.
OK......click on that link and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment