Monday, July 5, 2010

Hey....I'm on top of things for a change! OK, I'm only on top of one thing and that is July's BOM.


I changed quite a bit on this block. The planned block had just the upper left hand star block and the rest were stripes.....a flag kind of set up. Also, the sections had different widths of stripes. I didn't like the flag pattern done with pastel fabrics, so I made two of the star blocks to break up the flag setting. I also changed the fabrics in the striped sections. The supplied fabric was a very light blue and a light pink. I'm not a pink person and I liked the contrast with the darker blue.


I'm pleased with the way the block turned out. We only have one more month in this BOM series, then it will be time to set the blocks and finish it up.

Hope you all had a nice Fourth of July! I'm always glad when this holiday is over because it means I'll get more than a few hours of sleep......zzzzzzzzz!



Here's my cats cousin, Punkin, fresh from the groomer and decked out in her patriotic bandanna!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is going to be beautiful... I know I've said it before but I just love those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete