Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hmmmm....this doesn't look like the Christmas exchange project that is supposed to be my top priority.....life happened and I'm still behind on that project.......

Meanwhile, I was piecing the quilt below at my church this past Saturday. Everyone liked the quilt and suggested that I donate it to an auction that will take place on Saturday, October 17th to benefit the Woodburn Christian Children's Home. Yikes! Only one week (less than) and many other obligations to take care of during this time. I got it done.....the proof is in the pictures! Just goes to show you what you can accomplish when you set your mind to something AND there is a deadline...not to mention that any money that it raises will go to a great cause.

Does this quilt look familiar? It's the same pattern as the last charity quilt, just different fabrics. Same pattern, same quilting design. I needed a fool-proof and fast quilt and this one worked out nicely. The color of this quilt is actually a soft mint green....much prettier than this picture shows.


Fold over of the back side. I attached a label on one of the corners with Matthew 19:14 on it. "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."


The quilt was delivered to the home today and was in time to be included in the auction and in the accompanying auction brochure.
FYI.... Here's a link to one of the auction information pages. Maybe you are looking for a good charitable cause. :)
http://www.wcchonline.org/2009%20Auction/Auction%20Letter%20Businesses%202009.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment